Wednesday 27 August 2008

Illustration Friday Entry - Routine


This is my first entry to Illustration Friday submitted for the topic 'Routine'. It's a quick pencil sketch scanned and then coloured in Photoshop. I was aiming to depict a typical daily routine dividing my day into segments of the clock face, but letting the hours bleed into each other.

I guess this is a typical Friday - my mobile phone alarm wakes me up at 6.45am but I'm rubbish at getting out of bed so usually don't surface to around 8am. I'm doing alot of reading at work at the moment and up until yesterday I was getting really annoyed by the amount of email spam I was getting, until my girlfriend kindly told me how to block it.

Friday is usually chips day so a group of us from work go into town for fish and chips from 'The In Plaice'. After work there's often a few drinks before the evening slips into Saturday morning.

3 comments:

Shannon Melville said...

Hi Tom, Welcome to Illustration Friday :) I joined a few months ago and I love it. Great illustration, I also thought of things like diaries, calendars etc. but decided to go for a different approach. It was a good idea you separated the components of your illustration within a clock face. Nice technique and colours too, enjoy your chips and after work drinks tomorrow :)

Jen said...

Great approach - I feel the routine.

Welcome to Illustration Friday.

Vhrsti said...

Nice!
It's your first post to brand new blog, isn't it. Congratullations and looking forward to your next posts ;-)