Sunday 21 June 2009

IF: Drifting


For this week's theme of 'Drifting' I started out with a doodle and tried not to think about what I was drawing too much... just let my mind and hand drift. It was a really relaxing exercise. Some of the characters I've doodled before in boring meetings and long phone calls but quite a few new ones also popped up that kind of took me by surprise. It's definitely inspired by the chaotic doodles of Jon Burgerman. I've also made the pattern tile so you can use it as a wallpaper background if it takes your fancy.

9 comments:

calamity afoot said...

nice take on the theme. these guys are hilarious!

michael robertson said...

wow-really great color! this would make great fabric or wrapping paper. looking at the rest of your blog, i have to say I really like the way you interpret the IF topics....very smart, clever and funny.

Hajnalka Cserháti, Ojni said...

I like it very much! :)

Patrick said...

Awesome. The sheer number of unique characters is just great. Love the colors too.

NosE said...

I encourage you to keep drawing this looks fun tastic

Cathy said...

I LOVE this - great colour, great characters, great composition!

ArtSparker said...

Spectacular chaos.

Anthony Holden said...

Great shapes, and a nicely uniform palette. Loads of fun!

Tom Woolley said...

thanks for all the positive comments! it's all greatly appreciated. really enjoyed drawing in this style and have already done a couple more that need colouring. will upload them soon.