Sunday 28 March 2010

IF: Rescue

This shirt and tie wearing kitty works in an office and needs to be rescued from the daily 9 till 5 routine, otherwise he's gonna flip out!

I've been playing around with vectors and Adobe Illustrator and had a stab at following this excellent tutorial on how to turn a quick sketch into a nice piece of vector art. I normally scan and colour my illustrations in Photoshop so thought it was about time I dipped my toe into the world of Illustrator. The pen tool can be pretty frustrating but with a bit of practice I'm pleased with the results. As you can see, I've made my cat a bit friendlier and not quite so evil as the one in the tutorial. Oh, and here's my original sketch for comparison:

2 comments:

Daslav Vladilo said...

cute kitty :D niceee illustration :D

Tali said...

Is it really your first time in illustrator? nice job tom!
The pen tool is totally unintuitive.. but you do get the hang of it.
great work :)